I know I am a hypocrite for not buying stuff during the show in my last post, but I am saving for black metal releases and new shirts so I can better serve in my capacity as Chief of the Fashion Police for the New England Metal Scene, a position to which I was apparently recently promoted. Most of the shirts I wear these days are actually made out of vinyl and are original pressings. My officers and I will be evaluating how everyone dresses at several upcoming local shows. Anyone found wearing a local band shirt will be rewarded with a $20 discount toward forgiving their next fashion infraction ticket. We are only doing this because after a recent raid in Allston and Cambridge Massachusetts, we are almost out of tickets.
For New Englanders:
We are lucky. For most people, their only option is ordering stuff online, but in New England we have retail options. First, there is a small retail chain that actually carries a fair amount of metal releases: Newbury Comics. See their locations here. With 29 different locations, many New England metalheads have a place they can actually walk into and look around for metal releases. Unfortunately, there is no Vermont store.
(This is how many Oxen are required to transport metal)
Armageddon Record Shop: In Boston, MA; and Providence RI.
*If anyone has a store that sells metal in New England they would like to add to this list please leave a comment or send me an email at theoakconclave@gmail.com


No comments:
Post a Comment